NEWS AND EVENTS
My story is one of hope, encouragement and making the best of what you have!
Against all odds….
- She is the only qualified person with Down syndrome with a tertiary teachers diploma (without any concessions made) in the world.
An international ambassador for all people with Down syndrome.
A national and international motivational speaker with over 500 public addresses in New York, Rome, South Africa, Israel, India, Berlin and all over the UK.
- Appeared on national television addressing the State President, as guest on many shows like Pasella, Kwêla and “Ontbytsake”; and as part of the TV production “Binnelanders”.
- Received numerous national and international awards on changing social perceptions on peoples with intellectual challenges.
- Currently an assistant teacher at a pre-primary school for learners with special needs.
- The Presidential Award for people who have made a contribution to the lives of mentally handicapped people in South Africa – first time ever received by a person with a disability.
- World Down Syndrome Day Award for incredible efforts to change the lives and perceptions of people with Down syndrome internationally.
- Shoprite Checkers Woman of the Year category winner for “Young Movers” – first ever winner with a disability, and first ever to receive a standing ovation.