International visual presentations 2021
- She addressed the African Down syndrome Network conference virtually.
- She gave my part of a presentation for World Down syndrome day at a Zoom meeting of the International Representatives in New York.
- She did a live presentation for World Down syndrome day, in New York at the UN virtually and acted as moderator during many presentations at the conference in New York.
- She did a word of thanks virtually, on behalf of the International Representatives, to DSi for their assistance to people with Down syndrome, in New York and Geneva.
- She was a key note speaker at the “World Conference on Advanced Nursing” in London, on a webinar
- She addressed the Putney School in London to motivate the learners to do the best and to accept that we are all different.
- She addressed the “Public health meeting 2021 in London” virtually.
- She addressed the World Down Syndrome Conference in Dubai virtually.
Sheri is still co-presenter of her own program on Med FM: Who I am.
Some of the highlights:
- August: Sheri had the honor to interview Ancella Ramjas on the importance of vaccinations administered to persons with Down syndrome, on Med FM.
- September and October: Sheri does a number of interviews with Yolande Kori, who was kidnapped for about 8 months in Yemen. Her husband was shot there.
- 4 October: Sheri did an interview with Alexander Jordaan, the new headmaster of Lettie Fouche School in Bloemfontein.
Sheri did the following virtual National presentations
- Sheri addressed the third-year medical students of the University Free State, virtually.
- Sheri gave a presentation at a webinar of Autism South Africa.
- Sheri addresses the Advanced Short Course on Disability Rights in African Context, presented by die University of Pretoria, virtually.
Sheri did the following face to face National presentations
Sheri visited Louis Trichardt and addressed a fundraising function and two schools.
DSSA virtual presentations:
- Sheri was one of the presenters of the launch of a National Representative group of adult persons with Down syndrome in South Africa, on Zoom. She attends these meetings every month.
- Sheri delivered the self-advocates of South Africa’s report and do the opening prayer at the DSSA AGM 2021
- Sheri presents a PowerPoint to the Adult with Down syndrome and their parents in a virtual meeting on what it means to be a self-advocate and to show kindness to other.
National Radio stations and virtual media invited her for interviews:
- Sheri was invited for an interview on the Radio station RSG, a National Radio station.
- Sheri has an interview with Radio Pretoria FM, on a weekly medical program.
- Sheri did an interview on the Radio Station Radio Pulpit, a National Radio station.
- Article about Sheri’s life in Maroela Media, a virtual magazine.
- Sheri was again part of the cast of the soapy “Getroud met Rugby”, which was broadcasted on TV on 12 October.
- Sheri is featured on a television program on SABC 2, Activated, which features disabled people.
- Sheri had a number of virtual meetings, being part of the steering committee of the Chime Project, sponsored by the “Bill & Melinda Gates foundation”. The purpose of this work is to develop an intervention of the Special Olympics to expand the reach of its maternal and child health programs in conjunction with the UAE (most recent host of the special Olympics Games).
National Down Syndrome Day:
- Sheri did a number of interviews on Med FM before she went to London to raise awareness about persons with Down syndrome.
- 20 October: Sheri was featured by Med FM with a voice message to the listeners as a person with Down syndrome. Sheri was in London.
- 23 October: there was an article in the Weekend Argus Newspaper, to feature an individual.
DSi activities in 2021
- Sheri was again part of the DSi-Zoom-meetings of a group of DSi ambassadors every month because she is part of the International Representative group of adults with Down syndrome, who discusses matters of mutual importance once a month, virtually.